J Public Relations
UNDER CANVAS CELEBRATES 10 CAMPS IN 10 YEARS WITH RECORD $25 MILLION CAPITAL INVESTMENT IN UPSCALE, OUTDOOR HOSPITALITY
BOZEMAN, Mont. (Feb. 17, 2022) – Today, Under Canvas reveals continued investments in innovations and upgrades across its nationwide locations for the 2022 season, advancing their role as the leader in upscale, outdoor hospitality. After another groundbreaking year with unprecedented demand, the company is now celebrating its 10th year connecting people to each other, extraordinary places, and the planet by enhancing access to the outdoors.
“Since Under Canvas first began with a camp in West Yellowstone in 2012, we’ve continued on our mission of enhancing access to the great outdoors,” said Matt Gaghen, Chief Executive Officer of Under Canvas. “We’re proud to be celebrating 10 camps in 10 years, and will honor our commitment to elevating the outdoor experience with a record $25 million capital investment across existing and planned locations.”
- Under Canvas will open a new, solar-powered location 15-minutes from Bryce Canyon National Park. Making its debut June 2, 2022 as the brand’s fifth Utah location along the famed Grand Circle road trip route, Under Canvas Bryce Canyon will welcome guests on 750 acres of beautiful and secluded high mountain plains. In line with the brand’s standard upscale offering, all accommodations will include ensuite bathrooms and private decks. For additional assets, please find images and video content of Bryce Canyon here.
- Enhancing the guest experience through localized culinary offerings which will bring guests closer to the destination and an exclusive lifestyle partnership with Bluestone Lane, bringing boutique coffee culture to the great outdoors for the first time.
- Investing in thoughtful upgrades across all locations, including tent upgrades, yoga and viewing decks, and more, as well as family-focused two-tent suites at Under Canvas Zion—helping guests get outside in comfort and style while maximizing the outdoor experience.
- Launching new lifestyle partnerships that honor sustainability commitments, including exclusive Rivian Waypoints charging for all electric vehicles at select camp locations.
Elevating the guest experience: Localized and Lifestyle-Focused Culinary Offerings
- Partnership with Bluestone Lane coffee to include premium espresso drinks, iced and matcha beverages at select camps, served by baristas at all ten locations—as well as milk alternatives and complimentary drip coffee in main lobby tents. Refreshed, destination-inspired menus featuring Under Canvas classics, in addition to local and sustainable offerings, as well as craft beer from the home state of all 10 locations.
- Expanded non-alcoholic and health conscious offerings across Grab n Go like Rowdy Mermaid kombucha, available 24/7.
- Ready-to-drink offerings across all camps, plus eco-friendly Proud Source water bottles.
- Introduction of Embers Café at Under Canvas Glacier, offering made-to-order parfaits, sandwiches, wraps, salads, coffees and more in the mornings.
- Updated Embers food-service counter at Under Canvas Grand Canyon with all new West Elm furnished dining areas inside and out, plus an outdoor bar serving beer, wine, liquor, and canned cocktails.
- Expanded offerings at Under Canvas Yellowstone including a converted horse-trailer bar offering canned beer and wine.
- Refreshed outdoor lounge areas and elevated outdoor bar at Under Canvas Great Smoky Mountains, to offer wine, beer, and cocktails, to be enjoyed in the most spectacular outdoor settings. For more on the elevated approach to camp dining at Under Canvas and to view a sample menu, read here.
Thoughtful upgrades to encourage more people to get outside: Refreshed Tents and Social Spaces
- Under Canvas Zion will unveil four Angels Landing Suite Tents, featuring two tents adjoined by a private deck, with its own private firepit and outdoor area for the ultimate family experience. In addition, this location will showcase optimizations on solar energy efficiency and new generation tent upgrades.
- Redesign of the outdoor social spaces at Under Canvas Mount Rushmore, reimagined to showcase the incredible views of Mount Rushmore, including a refreshed viewing deck.
- Tent upgrades across Moab, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Glacier, and Great Smoky Mountains locations—including ensuite bathroom upgrades with the brand’s newest generation, contemporary design; elevated barn-doors and polished concrete features.
- Under Canvas Yellowstone to have a secondary two-tent lobby with a largely expanded outdoor amenity space geared towards kids programming (movie night, game night, etc.); but also available for groups as a private event rental space.
- An upgraded lobby and communal social space at Under Canvas Grand Canyon, featuring a refreshed outdoor space with shaded areas for enjoying dining in the great outdoors.
- Under Canvas Great Smoky Mountains new terraced outdoor lounge area to include two new fire pits with adirondack chairs for s’mores, an updated game space featuring corn-hole and bocce.
- A brand-new gaming area for outdoor activities and grilling, alongside furnishing upgrades at Under Canvas Moab.
- Introduction of a new yoga and events deck at Under Canvas Lake Powell-Grand Staircase.
Continued access to wellness amenities like lululemon mats and blocks for their use during complimentary yoga programming and at leisure, alongside the introduction of Black Diamond hiking poles for ultimate exploration around nearby national parks and monuments.
Enhancing guest connection: New Lifestyle Partners and Exclusive Under Canvas Merchandise
- Rivian Waypoint charging stations will be available for guest use on all electric vehicles at Under Canvas Lake Powell-Grand Staircase and Under Canvas Moab beginning in the upcoming summer season, supporting both companies’ missions to make outdoor exploration more accessible and encourage people to adventure responsibly by reducing their carbon footprint while exploring the country’s most iconic national parks and monuments.
- Guests can experience a curated collection of Under Canvas’ favorite lifestyle brands that speak to its pillars of premium comfort and environmental and social responsibility while still evoking a sense of adventure and well-being. Retail products have been carefully curated to align with guest needs and the brand’s ethos, including seasonal activewear drops from lululemon, Stanley x Under Canvas tumblers to take on-the-go, and even Under Canvas x Pendleton® woven blankets to bring home from your stay. A full list of retail partners can be provided upon request.
- Guests will have the opportunity to shop the exclusive Under Canvas line of merchandise featuring redesigned sweatshirts, embroidered hats, fanny packs and more, launching this season and available only at camps.
ABOUT UNDER CANVAS
Since opening the first camp ten years ago near West Yellowstone, Under Canvas has dedicated itself to connecting people to each other, extraordinary places, and the planet by enhancing access to the outdoors. Its upscale, safari-style accommodations perfectly embrace their natural surroundings while featuring indoor luxuries, allowing everyone to discover their outdoor self in comfort and style. Operating dates for the 2022 season at the other camps are as follows: Moab from March 4-October 24; Zion from March 10-November 7; Lake Powell – Grand Staircase from March 10-October 31; Great Smoky Mountains from April 7-November 28; Grand Canyon from April 14-October 24; Mount Rushmore from May 5-September 26; Acadia from May 12-October 10; Yellowstone from May 10-September 6; Bryce Canyon from June 2-September 26 and Glacier from June 9-September 12. For additional assets, please visit here. Reservations for all camps are now available at www.undercanvas.com.