J Public Relations
UNDER CANVAS FURTHER ENHANCES GUEST EXPERIENCE AND LEADERSHIP IN UPSCALE, OUTDOOR HOSPITALITY WITH OVER $15 MILLION CAPITAL INVESTMENT
New Year Highlights Additional Locations, an Elevated F&B Program, Lifestyle Brand Partners and Experiential Enhancements
BOZEMAN, Mont. (January 26, 2021) – Today, Under Canvas announces major investments in guest enhancements across its nine locations for the 2021 season, further cementing their position as a leader in upscale, outdoor hospitality. After a record year – with domestic road-trip travel and outdoor exploration at an all-time high – over $15 million has been invested across the brand’s seven existing camps and two new camps, with additional locations in the pipeline. These thoughtful enhancements are designed to elevate the guest experience and encourage more people to get Outside Together through curated adventure programming, culinary innovation, localized design aesthetic and access to premium brand partnerships.
“Continued investment across our locations reinforces our leadership in outdoor hospitality, offering exceptional amenities including our culinary experience, design aesthetic, on-site programming and lifestyle brand partnerships” said Matt Gaghen, Chief Executive Officer of Under Canvas. “These innovations and upgrades at our camps, located in the most breathtaking and remote destinations, will be sure to delight our guests, and set us apart”.
As part of their latest expansion, Under Canvas will open two new locations this spring just outside of Acadia National Park and Utah’s Canyon Rim Plateau. Making its debut May 13, 2021 as the brand’s first waterfront location, Under Canvas Acadia will immerse guests in the lush New England environment of emerald green spruce and fir tree forests, with sweeping lawns that reach to Union River Bay, and breathtaking views of Acadia’s famed mountainous landscape including Cadillac Mountain. Just steps to the beach, guests will have access to water sports and coastal experiences such as weekly waterfront lobster bakes and night sky astronomy, on a boat. The newest Utah location for the company, Under Canvas Lake Powell – Grand Staircase, will open April 1, 2021 providing guests with access to top attractions such as Antelope Canyon and Lone Rock Beach at Lake Powell; Wahweap boat marina; Horseshoe Bend; Grosvenor Arch and its own on-site Elephant Slot Canyon and other natural features to explore right from their tent. In an update to the brand’s typical design and reflective of its upscale hospitality offering, all safari-style accommodations at both new locations will include en suite bathrooms and private decks, in addition to the customary furnishings of a plush king size bed, luxe linens, USB charging packs, bedside lanterns and a wood burning stove. West Elm furnished main lobby tents will also be found at both Acadia and Lake Powell – Grand Staircase camps, lending a design aesthetic that reflects the surrounding natural environment. For additional assets, please find images and video content of Acadia here and images and video content of Lake Powell – Grand Staircase here.
In addition to two new camp openings this year, thoughtful upgrades have also been made to the brand’s seven existing locations. Under Canvas Zion will unveil multi million dollar upgrades, capitalizing on it’s spectacular canyon setting, including new indoor and outdoor social spaces; elevated food and beverage offerings; tent upgrades and other experiential enhancements. Under Canvas Glacier will also see significant upgrades to the camp’s outdoor social spaces and dining options.
Additionally, the following upgrades for the 2021 season are designed to further enhance guest connection and holistically elevate their experience:
- Regionally inspired menus showcasing the highest quality, locally sourced ingredients including bison at Under Canvas Yellowstone, lobster at Under Canvas Acadia, fresh and sustainably sourced trout at Under Canvas Rushmore, as well as craft beer, wine and spirits throughout majority of locations
- New beverage program focusing on patio cocktails, evening and dessert drinks, enjoyed in the most spectacular outdoor settings
- Expanded coffee program to include premium espresso and matcha beverages, served by baristas at all nine locations from contemporary Ferla coffee carts
- Enhancements to Grab n Go offerings at all nine locations featuring wholesome and delicious food and beverage options for purchase, available 24/7
- Expanded patio and outdoor recreation areas at Under Canvas Glacier, featuring upscale firepits and games
- New outdoor bar and expanded patio and amenity space at Under Canvas Grand Canyon providing full beverage service to guests
- Expanded offerings at the Yellowstone location with a full service coffee bar in the morning and quick service Burger Bar in the evenings, located on property at adjacent Bar N Ranch
- For more on the elevated approach to camp dining at Under Canvas and to view a sample menu, read here
- Top-to-bottom redesign of the lobby soft furnishings, lounge and dining areas at Under Canvas Mount Rushmore, in collaboration with brand partner, West Elm
- Cooling enhancements to communal spaces at desert camps including air conditioning in the main lobby tent at Under Canvas Moab and Under Canvas Grand Canyon, and additional misters and covered seating in the new outdoor areas at Under Canvas Zion
- All safari-style accommodations at Under Canvas Zion will now have en suite bathrooms.
- Communal spaces have also been reimagined to feature outdoor games, and an expanded patio area showcases the breathtaking views of the red rock canyon
- A new event space at Under Canvas Yellowstone dedicated to kids programming (movie night, game night, etc.); but also available for groups as a private event rental space
- Guest Amenities / Camp Programming
- This season guests now have access to new wellness amenities like lululemon mats and blocks for their use during complimentary yoga programming and at leisure, and the introduction of Yellow Leaf Hammocks for the ultimate relaxation experience around the expansive grounds. All amenities and programming varies by camp and by day, more information can be found here.
- Retail Partners
- Guests can now experience a curated collection of Under Canvas’s favorite lifestyle brands that speak to their pillars of premium comfort and environmental and social responsibility while still evoking a sense of adventure and well-being. Retail products have been carefully curated to align with guest needs and the brand’s ethos, unveiling activewear options from lululemon, Sun Bum sun products and dry shampoo, plant based Murphy’s Naturals insect repellents, national park themed playing cards and kids coloring books by Parks Project, and even Pendleton® pooch products so all family members can sleep under the stars in comfort and style. A full list of retail partners can be provided upon request.
A stay at Under Canvas allows guests to explore the best of America’s wonderous national parks, monuments and outdoor spaces with ease. Travelers looking to stay at one of the brand’s nine locations for two or more nights can now experience “best of” adventures in and around the respective national parks and monuments with a new Adventure Package, taking the hassle out of planning. An Adventure Package combines a guest’s location and tent type of choice with one or more adventures from a curated list of locally guided experiences. Adventures range from kayaking and whitewater rafting, to canyoneering, ATV tours and even lobstering, or simply a guided hike with a local. For custom itinerary curation and pricing, travelers simply email an Adventure Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since opening the first camp nine years ago near West Yellowstone, Under Canvas has dedicated itself to connecting guests to the outdoors and to each other through experiences that immerse travelers into nature in an inherently spatially distanced way. Under Canvas believes that being outside doesn’t necessarily mean ‘roughing-it’ and that nature inspires and connects friends and family while also committing to sustainably conscious efforts that leave a minimal footprint. Opening dates for the 2021 season are as follows: Moab on March 4; Zion on March 11; Lake Powell – Grand Staircase on April 1; Great Smoky Mountains on April 1; Grand Canyon on April 15; Mount Rushmore on May 6; Acadia on May 13; Yellowstone on May 20 and Glacier on June 10. Reservations for all camps are now available at www.undercanvas.com.
ABOUT UNDER CANVAS
Under Canvas is the ultimate outdoor destination hospitality experience, connecting people to each other, to extraordinary places, and to the planet. Its upscale, safari-style accommodations perfectly embrace their natural surroundings while featuring indoor luxuries, allowing everyone to discover their outdoor self in comfort and style. Under Canvas currently operates nine locations in Yellowstone and Glacier in Mont.; Moab, Zion and Lake Powell-Grand Staircase in Utah; Mount Rushmore in S.D.; Great Smoky Mountains in Tenn.; and Grand Canyon in Ariz.; Acadia in Maine. For more information, please visit www.undercanvas.com.