If the realization that the summer is already nearly half over has you feeling like you need to scramble to squeeze the most out of your last few days, you’re not alone. But the good news is that there is plenty of time to make some fond summer memories and make this season one that you’ll not soon forget.
And don’t just resign yourself to the fact that you can’t get away this summer simply because you have yet to plan a summer vacation. There is still plenty of time to plan a last-minute getaway before summer comes to a close, especially if you choose an option like a family glamping vacation with Under Canvas. Whether you just want to enjoy the simple pleasures of summer or you need a quick way to take your mind off it all, use these tips to make the most out of all the summertime that’s left.
Summer Activities to Enjoy
1. Take a hike or go for a bike ride.
No matter where you live, there has to be a hiking or biking trail nearby. Taking a day or even just an hour or two to get out into nature on the weekend will help you get that escape you’re looking for so you can come back feeling refreshed. You don’t have to plan some elaborate multi-day trek. Just grab some water and a friend and head outside. Whether you prefer walking or biking, there is always somewhere new to explore.
2. Go to the beach.
Again, pretty much wherever you are, you’re probably relatively close to a beach location. Whether it’s oceanside or lakeside, a day at the beach is refreshing. Don’t overthink this one either. Load up your vehicle and make sure to pack your sunglasses, a towel, sunblock, and your favorite beachside activity and hit the road. Spending a few hours in the sunshine without any responsibilities will not only fill up your stores of vitamin D, but it will also clear your head.
3. Attend a concert.
You can find a live concert to attend somewhere nearly every weekend in the summer. Many towns even host free summer concerts or festivals. So, do a little research and find live music that is in your area, or better yet, plan a road trip. Make sure you pack some wraps, drinks, and blankets, and hit the road. Even if the concert isn’t your favorite musician or band, you’ll be surprised what an experience it is going to a live performance. Music feeds the soul!
4. Go glamping with your family.
If you really want to make the most out of the summertime you have left, then a glamorous camping (glamping) trip with Under Canvas is the way to go. You’ll not only get to enjoy the great outdoors and take advantage of all the summer activities already mentioned, you’ll get to do so in unparalleled outdoor accommodations. Under Canvas offers safari-inspired canvas tents with event rentals anywhere in the U.S. and Canada, so you don’t have to settle for an ordinary summer camping trip any more.
Plan Your Glamping Trip Now
You still have plenty of time to plan your late summer family glamping vacation, especially since we do all the hard stuff for you. But some parks close as soon as September 3rd, and with school starting back mid- to late-August, you really need to take the time now. Planning your glamping trip is as simple as:
- Selecting a location – Choose from any of our exquisite locations, including Zion, Moab, Yellowstone, and even Glacier National Park for an experience that is unlike any other.
- Choosing your accommodations – We offer tented accommodations complete with private baths, a sink, and a flushing toilet to make your stay as comfortable as possible. You also have the choice of a tent typies that sleeps anywhere between 2 and 6 individuals, depending on your needs.
- Planning your adventures – With traditional camping, you’re pretty much roughing it, but that’s not the case here. If you love being in the great outdoors but still want to enjoy some of the finer things, like gourmet meals, take advantage of one of our adventure packages. We’ll do all the planning and make sure you have an unforgettable time.
Don’t let the last few days of summer slip by. Use these tips to squeeze the most out of the rest of your summer. And plan a family glamping trip today to really make this a summer to remember.
Excerpt: Do you feel like summer is nearly over with little to show for it? Use these tips to squeeze the most out of the remainder of summer and plan an unforgettable trip while you’re at it!