Health & Wellbeing
Our camps offer an ideal way to get away, now more than ever. Spatial distancing is a breeze at our expansive, outdoor properties. To ensure the well-being of our guests and associates we have modified our operations to help you access the great outdoors comfortably and safely.
By virtue of our vast, outdoor locations and intimate private tent experience accessed directly from the outdoors, Under Canvas makes for an ideal choice for a socially distanced adventure. No connected duct-work and stand-alone tents mean that you are breathing your own fresh air.
We have made operational enhancements to help you travel in confidence:
Streamlined Check-in/out Process and Shared Spaces:
- Main lobby tents are accessible for check-in, food and beverage orders/purchases and dining. Spacious lounge seating is available.
- On-site activities are available at each camp and vary by location. Learn more about scheduled programming during your stay when you check in.
*Under Canvas strongly recommends vaccinations for staff and guests. If you are either not fully vaccinated, feeling ill, or have concerns when in public, we strongly recommend wearing a face covering while on property.
On-the-Go Culinary and Retail:
- Breakfast, dinner, beverage and retail orders can be made in the main lobby tent at Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Mount Rushmore, Lake Powell-Grand Staircase, Acadia, Great Smoky Mountains and Yellowstone (snack and grab n go items are available at Moab and Glacier camps)
- Outside patio dining is available at all camp locations.
- Food may be collected where you order and enjoyed in the main lobby tent or outside at our patio dining area. No food should be enjoyed in your tent.
Keeping it (Extra) Clean:
- EPA certified cleaning agents are used to thoroughly deep clean tents between every guest stay, in addition to all public spaces and back of house.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the lobby tent for guest use and travel size spray is available for purchase at each camp.
- Our signature EO bath products are in each tent for hand washing.
- Stayover housekeeping is available upon request.
- Please note that Under Canvas is following guidance around group/event gathering size and parameters based on county guidelines and recommendations.
All national parks located near our camps are open. Masks are required for everyone, regardless of location or vaccination status in all NPS buildings, crowded outdoor spaces and enclosed public transportation within the national park.
National Park Reservation Requirements:
- Acadia National Park – Cadillac Summit Road Vehicle Reservations required May 25 – October 22, 2022
- Arches National Park – National Park Timed Entry Ticket required April 3 – October 3, 2022
- Glacier National Park – Going-to-the-Sun Road Corridor and North Fork Vehicle Reservations required May 27 – September 11, 2022
- Zion National Park – Angels Landing Pilot Permit Program requires permit to hike Angels Landing starting April 1, 2022
For more information please refer to the National Park Service.
We look forward to having you stay with us very soon!