At a time when road-trip travel and outdoor adventures are on everyone’s mind, Under Canvas is excited to introduce new camps on the horizon and more amenities for the perfect glamping experience. Guests can explore the best of America’s national parks, monuments and outdoor spaces with new curated adventure programming, culinary delights and more ways to relax in comfort and style in the most breathtaking and remote locations. We believe that being outside doesn’t necessarily mean ‘roughing-it’ and that nature inspires and connects friends and family who are committed to leaving a minimal footprint and making memories that last a lifetime.
This spring, Under Canvas will open two new locations just outside of Acadia National Park and Utah’s Canyon Rim Plateau. Our first waterfront location, Under Canvas Acadia, will immerse guests in the coastal New England environment and emerald green spruce and fir tree forests, with sweeping a sweeping lawn that reaches to the Union River Bay, and breathtaking views of Acadia’s famed mountainous landscape including Cadillac Mountain. Just steps from the beach, guests can enjoy water sports and coastal experiences such as weekly waterfront lobster bakes and night-sky astronomy from a boat.
Our newest Utah location, Under Canvas Lake Powell – Grand Staircase will give guests access to top attractions such as Antelope Canyon and Lone Rock Beach at Lake Powell, Wahweap Marina, picturesque Horseshoe Bend, Grosvenor Arch and it even has its own Elephant Slot Canyon among other natural features that can be explored right outside your tent. Find 7 unique ways to experience Lake Powell and Grand Staircase-Escalante here. All safari-style accommodations at both new locations will have en suite bathrooms and private decks, plush king-size beds, luxe linens, USB charging packs, bedside lanterns and a wood-burning stove among other amenities so you can rest comfortably beneath the stars.
Additionally, guests can enjoy an elevated experience with the following upgrades across all of our camps for the 2021 season:
- Regionally-inspired menus with local ingredients like bison at Yellowstone, lobster at Acadia and sustainably-sourced trout at Mount Rushmore
- Sip on new patio cocktails, evening and dessert drinks, craft beer, wine and spirits at most of our locations
- Premium espresso and matcha beverages are within arms reach served from contemporary Ferla coffee carts
- Grab n Go meals for all-day adventures will be available 24/7 with wholesome and delicious food and beverage options
- Expanded patio and outdoor recreation areas at Under Canvas Glacier to feature upscale firepits and games
- New outdoor bar and expanded patio at Under Canvas Grand Canyon for full beverage service
- Under Canvas Yellowstone to offer a full-service coffee bar in the morning and quick service Burger Bar in the evenings
- Under Canvas Mount Rushmore’s lobby, lounge and dining areas will be newly furnished by West Elm® for an upscale experience
- Cooling enhancements to include air conditioning in the main lobby tent at Under Canvas Moab and Under Canvas Grand Canyon, and additional misters and covered seating in the new outdoor areas at Under Canvas Zion
- All accommodations at Under Canvas Zion will include en suite bathrooms
- Community spaces at Under Canvas Zion have been reimagined for outdoor gameplay and an expanded patio area has been added for more breathtaking views of the Red Rock Canyon
- Under Canvas Yellowstone will feature a new event space for kids programming such as movie night, game night, etc., and will also be available for groups as a private event rental space
Guest Amenities/Camp Programming
- New wellness amenities like lululemon yoga mats and blocks are available for use during complimentary yoga programming or at leisure for guests to enjoy in the comfort of their tent
- The addition of Yellow Leaf Hammocks around the expansive grounds make for an even more relaxing experience
Read more about our camp programming here.
- Guests can shop a curated collection of premium comfort and environmental and socially responsible items including activewear options from lululemon, Sun Bum sun products and dry shampoo, plant-based Murphy’s Naturals insect repellents, national park themed playing cards and kids coloring books by Parks Project, and even Pendleton® pooch products for four-legged family members
A stay at Under Canvas allows guests to explore the best of the outdoors with ease and reconnect with what it means to be Outside Together. Travelers looking to stay at one of our nine locations for two or more nights can now experience the “best of” adventures in and around the national parks and monuments with a new Adventure Package, taking the hassle out of planning. An Adventure Package combines the location and tent type of choice with one or more adventures from a curated list of locally guided experiences ranging from kayaking and whitewater rafting to canyoneering, ATV tours and even lobstering, or simply a guided hike with a local. Our Adventures Concierge is available to craft your custom itinerary to match your budget and desired experience.
We are so excited to host you for an outstanding season at Under Canvas!